3 Amazing Grilled Bread Recipes For An Enjoyable Meal
Whether eaten as an appetizer, a snack or as a meal itself, bread does not disappoint. It’s a quick go-to food that has plenty of varieties, textures and tastes to choose from. If you want to take your next meal with bread to the next level, take out your grill – it will give it a delicious toasty flavor and a delightful texture that you won’t be able to resist!
Here are 3 amazing grilled bread recipes that you can’t afford to miss:
Mixed Herbs and Tomato on Grilled Country-Style Bread
What you need:
- 8 slices country-style bread (about 3/4-inch thick each)
- 1/4 kilogram assorted small tomatoes, halved
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped and mashed to a paste
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk ricotta
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mixed herbs
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper
In a medium-sized bowl, mix together garlic paste, 2 tablespoons olive oil and red wine vinegar. Add tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Stir to coat tomatoes with garlic mixture. Let sit for about 15 minutes, tossing occasionally. Meanwhile, brush bread slices with remaining olive oil then heat on a grill over medium-high heat for 2 minutes per side or until lightly charred. To serve, stir in herbs to tomato mixture. Spread ricotta over each grilled bread slice then top with tomato mixture.
Grilled Classic Garlic Bread
What you need:
- 1 loaf french bread
- 1 stick unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Stir together butter, parsley, garlic, lemon juice and salt in a bowl until well-combined. Slice the loaf in half horizontally then brush each cut side generously with butter mixture. Wrap in heavy duty aluminum foil then cook on a pre-heated grill over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until warmed through. Slice the bread crosswise to serve.
Bacon and Cheese-Stuffed Grilled Bread
What you need:
- 1 8-inch round loaf
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 scallions, minced (reserve about 1/2 strip for garnish)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
Slice the loaf into a diamond pattern, until about 1/2 inch above the bottom. Pack the slits of the bread with mozzarella and pepper jack cheeses. Cook the bacon to a crisp in a pan over medium-high heat, crumble and set aside. In the same pan with the bacon drippings, melt the butter then cook scallions and garlic until tender. Spoon the mixture into the bread slits and pour excess on top of the loaf. Loosely wrap bread in heavy duty aluminum foil then cook on a pre-heated grill until heated through, about 15 to 20 minutes. Top with crumbled bacon and minced scallions to serve.
You’ll love bread even more with these amazing grilled bread recipes!